After a few drinks, the mind works in its most unusual ways.
It is free and carefree. We allow ourselves to react in a way that our sane
minds would never approve. It is possible that we might regret what we did the
next day or curse the hangover to an extent that we make a fake promise to
ourselves, not to touch another glass ever. But of course that doesn't work. And
the chain of thoughts, the desire to do the craziest things and the wish to
sing are the additional features that comes along.
Everything and everybody looks beautiful and nothing is
wrong with the world. The continuous appeal to our friends ‘I aint drunk, dude!’
comes later. I enjoy my drinks, but I am not an alcoholic. My glass of wine doesn't
say ‘I am heartbroken’, my drink says ‘waiter! Repeat!’ because I am happy.
The staircase becomes a challenge though, in the middle of
merry making, very tricky business! I don’t know about others, but I put all my
strength in making myself walk straight. Each step cautiously taken, because
you don’t want to fall down. And if u do by any chance, should try to get up on
your own as your drunk friends are the least helpful people at that time. The joy
of making it on your own to the car is what I call true success. I got a
driver, so in no circumstances I am promoting drinking and driving.
The lemon theory! It doesn't work. You cannot immediately
make your friend suck a lemon and expect the alcohol to just evaporate from the
body. But if you desperately want your buddy to puke on your new shoes, then go
ahead.
The upside down ride! Ever tried holding your head to the
back of a chair looking up? Alcohol works at its best for me. Silly things like
looking up the ceiling and trying to notice every blade of the fan is fun.
The head banging to the music you would hate if not drunk. The
unnatural moves and slides to the Bollywood songs. And most importantly, having
friends to cheer you throughout the way, the three most important ‘mantras’ to
enjoy every sip after a hard and long week you just had. There would be some ‘how
I met your mother moments’ and some ‘f.r.i.e.n.d.s’ moments. Sharing your
favorite episodes is the right thing to do and the best time to do it too. A Saturday
evening with friends at a bar charges me up for the next week.
So, in my humble opinion, let the older people judge you for
being a beer enthusiast, and let them comment things like ‘ye aajkal ke bacche!’ because they were once us, and even they didn't
care then.
No comments:
Post a Comment